- Macintosh OS X
- Macintosh OS 8 and 9
To unsave a password, do the following:
- Close the Access US Connection Manager if it is open.
- On your Windows desktop, open My Computer and then Internet Connections.
- Click your Access US connection with your right mouse button and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Account tab at the top of the Properties window.
- On the Account tab, uncheck “Save Password” then click the Save button to save your settings.
Now the next time you click Connect and dial-up to Access US, it will ask for a password after connecting. If you cannot provide it, you’ll be disconnected. Should you later decide to save the password in the program simply go to the same screen where you un saved it! [ top ]
How do I set autodial?
Windows can be set to open a screen that allows you to connect to Access US automatically whenever opening a program that wants an Internet connection. For example, if you open your Web browser or e-mail client directly without going through the Access US Connection Manager.
1. From the Windows desktop, open My Computer and then the Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, open the icon called either Internet or Internet Options.
3. In the Internet Control Panel, click the Connections tab at the top of the window.
- If your computer has Internet Explorer version 5.0 or later installed, (regardless of whether you are actively using it), in the Dial-up Settings box you must click the name of your Access US connection (usually just Access US Internet) to highlight it. Below the box click the “Always dial my default connection” option and then click the Set Default button and click OK to close the window and save the settings.
- If your computer does not have IE5.0 or later installed, click Connect to the Internet Using a Modem option and then click the Settings button. At the Settings window, choose the name of your Access US connection (usually Access US Internet) from the drop-down box at the top, and click the OK button at the bottom.
Now your computer will automatically open a window asking if you would like to connect to the Internet every time it sees a program that wants or needs Internet access.